Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Opinion pieces for next year


Next year I know we will be coming up with some crazy stuff to write about. There are a few subjects I hope to see and discuss. One subject we didn't really cover this year was drugs. We did a piece about some kid with a 14 ft. banner reading " Bong hits for Jesus" but I really think we should get more in depth. I think we should write a piece about the legalization of marijuana and a piece about Maine's high prescription drug abuse. These are both very real topics that are of common interest.
I was also hoping to write some pieces about our country's cruelty of prisoners. I have read some articles in NEWSWEEK magazine about it and I think it could really flare up some great discussions. Should torture be used to get terrorists to tell us their secrets? Some people would agree but others say there is better more American like ways to get information. These are two topics I hope are included in our opinion pieces.

2 comments:

  1. Joel,

    I absolutely love your ideas for OP's next year. I have wanted to talk about all of the issues you mention. These are definitely current, controversial issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you thought of these opinion pieces. They sound like a very amazing ideas. They sound like something we could all talk about and/or relate to.

    ReplyDelete