Friday, March 5, 2010

"To a Lady, Who Valu’d Herself on Speaking Her Mind in a Blunt Manner, Which She Call’d Being Sincere" modern translat and 8 line double standard poem

"To a Lady, Who Valu’d Herself on Speaking Her Mind in a Blunt Manner, Which She Call’d Being Sincere" By Mary Barber

Well you Sincerity display,

A virtue wond’rous rare!

Nor value, tho’ the world should say,

You’re rude, so you’re sincere.

To be sincere, then, give me leave;

And I will frankly own,

Since you but this one virtue have,

'Twere better you had none.

Modern translation

When you are let your thoughts become words,
you are looked at as moral,
even though to other people,
your truth is very ugly ,
But let me speak my mind for once,
And I will tell the truth,
If we both cant let our thoughts be free ,
your mouth is better off closed,

8 Line Double-Standard poem
"Domestic Dispute" By Joel kreitzman

My girlfriend hit me once again,
I want to hit her back,
But I cannot hit a girl,
I’ll go to jail for that,
I did nothing to deserve this,
she hits and beats me everyday,
If I even pushed her back,
Id get cuffed and locked away,

No comments:

Post a Comment